“The Teaching Preacher”
Curriculum Vitae of Randolph Bracy, Jr.
- 1967 graduated from Bethune-Cookman College, Daytona Beach, Florida in 1967 with the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Biology.
- 1970 graduated from the Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Florida with the Masters of Education Degree (M.Ed.).
- 1974 earned the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Degree from the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida; with specialization in Higher Education Administration. His doctoral dissertation, ”Black Private Colleges — Strategies for their Survival.”
- 1982 received the Master of Divinity Degree (M.Div.) from the Colgate-Rochester Divinity School, Rochester, New York.
- 1985–1990 — Adjunct Professor and Lecturer at the Lutheran Theological Seminary and Palmer Theological Seminary formerly known as Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary of Metropolitan Philadelphia.
- 1999 earned certificate at the Center for the Study of Values in Public Life at the Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, Massachusetts with the Summer Leadership Institute.
- 2001 Ministers on Wall Street Conference at the New York Stock Exchange under the auspices of Rainbow/PUSH organization, and took part in trading exercise on the floor of the Exchange.
- 2004 presented a paper at the Oxford Round Table on Religion, Education and the Role of Government, entitled “When the Truth is Told — Educational Vouchers are a Sham!”— Oxford University, Oxford, England.
- From 2006 to the present, serves as Adjunct Professor at the Asbury Theological Seminary of Orlando, Florida.
MINISTERIAL & PASTORAL PREPAREDNESS
He is also a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., having pledged at Bethune-Cookman College in 1966 — Gamma Theta chapter, and subsequently initiated three chapters:
- Epsilon Mu — Florida Memorial University — 1967
- Zeta Zeta — The Mississippi Valley State University — 1970
- Zeta Phi — The University of Florida — 1972.
2009–2010 Served as President of the Orange County Branch of the NAACP, Orlando, Florida.
PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS & APPOINTMENTS
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2001 New York Stock Exchange in cooperation with Rainbow Push/ Wall Street Project and Ministers on Wall Street/ Push for Economic Literacy.
- 2003 Onyx Awards for Spiritual Leadership, Orlando, Florida
- 2005 Centennial Luminary Award, The Mary McLeod Bethune Bronze Statue Project Award.
- 2006, Award by the State of Florida NAACP for the most memberships recruited by the Orange County Branch of the NAACP
- 2007 “UNSUNG HERO” in recognition for Innovative Leadership, Dedication and Commitment to Advocacy HIV/AIDS in the African American Community, Florida Chapter, National Black Alcoholism & Addictions Council, Inc.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Preaching Revivals and leading conferences/conventions in Worship and Praise
- Teaching undergraduate & graduate Bible and Religion courses
- Facilitating Small Groups
- Conducting Pastoral Counseling Sessions
- Mediating Pastoral Contract Negotiations
- Leading Small Groups through Change
- Planning and leading Social Activism & Civil Rights activities
- Consulting on College and University Governance
- Serving as Guide and International Travel Consultant