“The Teaching Preacher”
Curriculum Vitae of Randolph Bracy, Jr.
- 1967 graduated from Bethune-Cookman College, Daytona Beach, Florida in 1967 with the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Biology.
- 1970 graduated from the Florida A&M University, Tallahassee, Florida with the Masters of Education Degree (M.Ed.).
- 1974 earned the Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Degree from the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida; with specialization in Higher Education Administration. His doctoral dissertation, ”Black Private Colleges — Strategies for their Survival.”
- 1982 received the Master of Divinity Degree (M.Div.) from the Colgate-Rochester Divinity School, Rochester, New York.
- 1985-1990 – Adjunct Professor and Lecturer at the Lutheran Theological Seminary and Palmer Theological Seminary formerly known as Eastern Baptist Theological Seminary of Metropolitan Philadelphia.
- 1999 earned certificate at the Center for the Study of Values in Public Life at the Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, Massachusetts and lectured on Community Economic Development.
- 2001 Ministers on Wall Street Conference at the New York Stock Exchange under the auspices of Rainbow/PUSH organization, and took part in trading exercise on the floor of the Exchange.
- 2004 presented a paper at the Oxford Round Table on Religion, Education and the Role of Government, entitled “When the Truth is Told — Educational Vouchers are a Sham!”— Oxford University, Oxford, England.
- From 2006 to the 2012, has served as Adjunct Professor at the Asbury Theological Seminary of Orlando, Florida.
From 2013 to the Present, he serves as Distinguished professor and Dean of the Cornelius and Dorothye Henderson School of Religion at Bethune-Cookman University, Daytona Beach, Florida, his alma mater.
MINISTERIAL & PASTORAL PREPAREDNESS
He is also a member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., having pledged at Bethune-Cookman College in 1966 – Gamma Theta chapter, and subsequently initiated three chapters:
- Epsilon Mu – Florida Memorial University – 1967
- Zeta Zeta – The Mississippi Valley State University – 1970
- Zeta Phi – The University of Florida – 1972.
2009-2010 Served as President of the Orange County Branch of the NAACP, Orlando, Florida.
PROFESSIONAL POSITIONS & APPOINTMENTS
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2001 New York Stock Exchange in cooperation with Rainbow Push/ Wall Street Project and Ministers on Wall Street/ Push for Economic Literacy.
- 2003 Onyx Awards for Spiritual Leadership, Orlando, Florida
- 2005 Centennial Luminary Award, The Mary McLeod Bethune Bronze Statue Project Award.
- 2006, Award by the State of Florida NAACP for the most memberships recruited by the Orange County Branch of the NAACP
- 2007 “UNSUNG HERO” in recognition for Innovative Leadership, Dedication and Commitment to Advocacy HIV/AIDS in the African American Community, Florida Chapter, National Black Alcoholism & Addictions Council, Inc.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Preaching Revivals and leading conferences/conventions in Worship and Praise
- Teaching undergraduate & graduate Bible and Religion courses
- Facilitating Small Groups
- Conducting Pastoral Counseling Sessions
- Mediating Pastoral Contract Negotiations
- Leading Small Groups through Change
- Planning and leading Social Activism & Civil Rights activities
- College and University Governance
- Serving as Guide and International Travel Consultant
- Academic Administration